Are you suffering from aches and pains during your pregnancy or are you planning on getting pregnant in the near future? Here is some helpful information that could make your pregnancy pain free as possible.
Many women learn to accept pregnancy discomforts such as, low back pain, leg pain, nausea, constipation, pubic pain etc, when in fact natural approaches such as massages or chiropractic might be beneficial.
During pregnancy the body creates different hormones. One such is Relaxin, which helps to loosen the joints of the spine and pelvis, preparing your body for the delivery process. This loosening can create some instability within the spine, in turn affecting some ligaments and muscles, which is when you’ll start to experience some of the above mentioned discomforts.
SPINAL CARE TIPS DURING PREGNANCY
- When getting up from a lying position, don’t try sitting straight up. Instead, bend your knees, roll onto your side and push yourself up using your arms.
- Avoid one sided positions or repetitive movements. Move frequently.
- Remember to unlock your knees when standing.
- Avoid lifting older siblings, sit to hold/cuddle them.
- Let others carry heavy items for you.
- Keep pelvic floor strong with regular exercise.
- Focus on breathing deeply into the abdomen.
- Sleep with a pillow between your knees to take stress off your pelvis.
- Having a massage or assessment by a chiropractor.
If you would like more information or would like to book an appointment at Neurohealth – please call the clinic on 9905 9099 or email us email@example.com or fill in the contact form from our website www.neurohealthchiro.com.au
Sign up to receive Neurohealth’s Free monthly health newsletter on the Right Hand Side of this page. Filled with great information and lots of easy health tips to keep you at Optimal Health!