At Neurohealth we are all about helping you feel and move your best so that you can perform at your best. We love helping you through massage, but we know there is so much more to performance than just massage. Today, I want to let you in on one of our all time favorite minerals to help you feel your best.
After doing lots of research and starting to take magnesium myself and noticing great benefits, I came across the book, “The Magnesium Miracle” by Dr. Carolyn Dean. She has a list of 68 categories of people who are likely to have magnesium deficiency. I’ll list a few here:
▪ Alcohol intake – more than 7 drinks per week
▪ Bowel problems- ie: constipation, diarrhea, IBS, Chrohn’s
▪ Caffeine (chocolate, tea and coffee) – more than 3 servings per day
▪ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
▪ Concentration difficulties
▪ Food Cravings
▪ Heart disease
▪ High Blood Pressure
▪ Menstrual pain and cramps
▪ Muscle cramps
▪ Polycystic Ovarian Disease
▪ Pregnancy (currently or have been within a year or have postpartum depression)
▪ Lack of sexual desire
▪ Sugar – high intake daily
▪ Water that contains the following: Flouride, Chloride, Calcium
Looking at this shortlist, how many symptoms of magnesium deficiency do you have?
So why are we not getting enough magnesium in our diet?
▪ Our soil is deficient in magnesium and so it’s not getting into our food in the first place
▪ Processed food lacks magnesium
▪ Water with fluoride banishes magnesium. The fluoride binds with the magnesium, which makes it unavailable for the body to use and so it becomes unable to do its work.
▪ Lack of stomach acid to help with magnesium absorption
▪ Magnesium is said to be blocked by eating certain foods
▪ Taking certain drugs can cause magnesium deficiency
Through trial and error and more and more research we are finding that magnesium really can be a miracle mineral. Only because most of us are deficient in it and don’t even know it. I am sure I will write more in depth on this again, but if you want to really understand our need for magnesium, I highly recommend getting the book, “The Magnesium Miracle”.
Start taking some magnesium. But know not all magnesium is the same. There are different types of magnesium and each supplement company creates their own blends. Each chelate of magnesium effects the body differently. Some are better for the brain, some for sleep and others are for heart and muscle.
Are your muscles feeling tight, are you stressed or just in need of a good massage? Book in today and you can discuss any questions you may have. As with any supplements, if you are seeing a doctor or on any medications, please consult your doctor.
If you would like more information or would like to book an appointment at Neurohealth Chiropractic – please call the clinic on 9905 9099 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form from our website www.neurohealthchiro.com.au
Sign up to receive Neurohealth Chiropractic’s Free monthly health newsletter on the Right Hand Side of this page. Filled with great information and lots of easy health tips to keep you at Optimal Health!